Frequently Asked Questions

  • Why should I study in CANADA?
    When we face the question of choosing the best country abroad for education, Canada tops the priority list without any doubt as it is considered best amongst all the countries. It is not only because of the education standard, but also the diversity the country offers. In other words, this country gives the opportunity of meeting people from diversified cultural, social and racial background.
    Canada has some of the best institutions, amongst other educational institutions in the world. These “state of art” colleges offer vibrant, creative and challenging environment, where students get the opportunity to pick & choose different programs they would like to study. The students in these innumerable “state of art” institutions range from 1,000 to 60,000. These institutions provide rock solid foundation, which is “the key” to develop one’s potential to the optimum. This would eventually boost one’s career prospects and help building a better future!
    Hence, if “cultural diversity” is one of the many things that you are looking at in your country of education, then Canada is your destination.
    You still not convinced. Well, in that case given below is the list of reasons why you should study in Canada?
    • Multicultural
    • High education and living standard
    • Affordable education
    • A very safe country to be in
    • A very safe country to be in
    • Post-study work and immigration options
    EDUCATION CONSULTANTS CANADA (ECC) is a renowned, reliable and professionally managed consultancy firm associated with various aspects of education in Canada. Having offices in all major metropolitan cities with its head office in Toronto, it is linked with major institutions in Canada, thus making an ideal choice for prospective students who wish to study in Canada. We bring in engaged, easygoing, friendly professionals who work closely with students and guide them through the entire process. Our record speaks for ourselves. We have successfully managed to place students in various institutions throughout Canada.
    The purpose of this website is to guide students through the entire process, initiating from the point where one start looking for a program to where one shops for flight tickets. We at EDUCATION CONSULTANTS CANADA (ECC) intend to provide with loads of valuable information and insights that we think would help students in settling down to a new country.
    Therefore, here we are...To help you change your dream into reality!
  • What types of courses are open to me?
    Canadian institutions offer a wide variety of programs ranging from undergraduate programs to postgraduate degrees and diplomas. Students can pick up various programs from a range of reputable institutions consisting of 1,000 to 60,000 students. Universities in Canada offer different undergraduate and graduate research programs.
  • How do I decide where to study?
    At times selecting the right institution can be strenuous and confusing. Students often find this difficult and end up making the wrong choice. Our well-qualified counsellors at EDUCATION CONSULTANTS CANADA (ECC) are available to guide in selecting the right institution as well as the right program that will boost career prospects. Your choice and your career objective will be completely taken into consideration before we advise you.
  • How do I learn the rating of an institution?
    Different agencies uses different criterion for university ratings. Student should understand that it’s the department’s ratings that really matters. In other words, some institutions are known for their Engineering programs and some are known for Business schools. Here at EDUCATION CONSULTANTS CANADA (ECC), we help students understand the institutions’ strengths and help them to take a decision about their choice of education & university selection.
  • What are the general entry requirements?
    General criterion for admissions varies for all the colleges & universities in Canada. For us to guide you better, we suggest contacting our office at and one of our counsellors will be happy to help you send a message on our WhatsApp number: +1 (647) 627-5400.
  • Can I study part-time in CANADA?
    One of the norms for all visa students is they must maintain the full-time status throughout the duration of their visa. In other words, international students will have to be enrolled in the full-time study throughout their stay in Canada.
  • Will I be allowed to work part-time?
    • Students can work part time i.e. 20 hours/week simultaneously while studying full time.
    • Students would require S.I.N (Social insurance number) to work off- campus.
    • SIN usually can be obtained at the airport once the immigration formalities are completed. However, if not then the student can visit any Service Canada office to get it.
  • What are my chances of being admitted to an MBA course as a fresh graduate?
    You have a very good chance getting admitted in to MBA program if you have good GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) Score and maintain a minimum of B or B+ average during under graduation. Like any other graduate program, MBA is quite competitive and satisfying the minimum admission requirement doesn’t necessarily guarantee the admission into the program.
  • Must I take an exam to qualify for higher education in CANADA?
    It depends entirely on the programs. However, international students who belong to countries where English is not the official language, needs to provide a proof of English proficiency while applying.
  • Can I work in CANADA after completing my course?
    Applicants enrolled in full-time program in University or Community College in Canada for a minimum of one year, are eligible for open work permit upon the completion of their program. Completion of one-year full time program makes you eligible for one-year open work permit and two-year or more program will give you three years of work permit.
  • What is the cost of studying in CANADA?
    The thought of moving away from the comfort of a home, being on your own & especially migrating to another country is certainly a big decision. The evitable question that comes to one’s mind is” where shall I live”? “How much will it cost”? and so on... Living expenses in big cities will be different from the smaller ones. Average room rent in Canada is around $600. The institution fees structure varies depending upon the program and province. You can browse our website for average tuition fees for all the institutions we work with. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send an email at
  • What are the scholarships available to me?
    Students may apply to various scholarships and funding depending on the program they choose. Unlike undergraduate course, graduate students enrolled in full-time master’s or PhD. programs normally receive some funding from the university. The funding would be in the form of TA (Teaching Assistantship) or RA (Research Assistantship) and the level of funding depends entirely on the departments and the program supervisor.
  • When should I apply?
    • Fall – September
    • Winter – January
    • Summer– May.
    Fall and Winter sessions offer majority of the programs whereas only few programs are offered during Summer sessions. Students must carefully consider the graduate & undergraduate programs availability before applying for studying in Canada. Also, not all the institutions offer admissions in Summer intake.

    Processing Time Normal processing times have changed drastically in the past 1-2 years for community colleges as well as university. We recommend applying well ahead of the start date. The dates and deadlines change almost every day and thus, we advice students to directly contact us at or send a message on our WhatsApp number: +1 (647) 627-5400.
  • Will I be able to get jobs after my graduation?
    Quick Facts: Upon completing Post-Graduation students can file for open work permit.
    Length of the work permit depends on the duration of the program. So, if your program duration is 2 years, the work permit validity period will be of 3 years.
    The work permit will be only issued to the applicants who have successfully completed any full-time program in any of the government institutions. In other words, only graduates from the community colleges or the Universities will be given open work permit. Graduates from private career colleges do not qualify for open work permit.
    Open work permit means that applicant can work for any organization.
    Getting a job completely depends on how students apply for jobs and perform in interviews. However, Canada offers lot of opportunities for new graduates.
  • Why is counselling a good idea?
    Technology has made it very easy for everyone to find the information about anything on the internet. However, finding the right information which suits your requirements need guidance. We at Education Consultants Canada (ECC) assist international students in finding appropriate program related to their field of study or area of interest. Our counsellors are well informed with the various programs offered and can provide options matching the students’ academic profile. You can contact us at or send a message on our WhatsApp number +1 (647) 627-5400.

Get Free Counselling!